About Sharkey Equestrian
Sharkey Equestrian continues to be run by Christina and her assistant, Allie Morua. Lessons and training are available on a limited basis for students and horses of many disciplines and skill levels. We believe in keeping a strong sense of integrity and are happy to recommend other trainers or facilities if we feel your request is not in our skill set. Our areas of focus and expertise are eventing and dressage, with hunters only on a local/regional level. We will attend rated Hunter shows when the roster of sales or project horses requires it.
Students with Sharkey Equestrian that own or lease a horse enjoy the opportunity to show in a multitude of disciplines, as we compete with the following circuits/organizations:
- Dayton Local Show Circuit (www.daytonlocalshowcircuit.com) - local hunters and dressage
- Miami Valley Equestrian Association (www.mvequestrian.org) - local eventing
- Queen City Dressage Circuit (www.qcdc-dressage.com) - local dressage
- Windfall Farm Show Series (www.windfallfarmhorseshows.com) - local hunters/jumpers
- Walnut Creek Show Series (www.walnutcreekstables.net) - local dressage and combined tests
- United States Eventing Association (www.useventing.com) - Area VIII
- United States Dressage Federation (www.usdf.org) - Region II
- United States Hunter Jumper Association (www.ushja.org) - Brave Horse and WEC shows on a limited basis
- The World Equestrian Center (www.worldequestriancenter.com)
Photo 1 (above): Christina and Pebbles, Octoberfest CT 2015 - Prelim. Photo by Xpress Foto
Sharkey Equestrian was officially launched in the spring of 2016 by Christina Sharkey (now Christina Ellison) after spending her first several years as a professional as part of the teaching/training staff at Dancing Horse Farm. DHF (http://www.mydhf.com) is a large sporthorse facility in Lebanon, Ohio, owned and run by Grand Prix dressage rider Jennifer Truett, with whom Christina has trained extensively. Sharkey Equestrian continues to operate, in part, out of DHF, along with several other barns in southwest Ohio. We enjoy keeping a small, tight-knit lesson and show clientele full of both kids and adults who know how to have a lot of fun together and always put the horse first! Sharkey Equestrian also runs both a sales program and a unique 'project' program, giving the students in our program the opportunity to experience several different types and training levels of horses. We employ the groundwork teachings of Suzy Fitzsimmons (http://www.fitzfarm4.com) and focus on finding the discipline best suited for the horse both mentally and physically.
Photo 2 (below left): Allie and Vixen, schooling 2019 at DHF. Photo by C. Ellison
Photo 3 (below right): Christina and Pebbles, Midsouth PC 2017 - Prelim. Photo by Xpress Foto.